Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cisco Router/PIX Emulator

I have been hearing so much about Dynamips lately that I think I must take some time to do some experimenting with it. I just received an email from a COD friend and Alumni, Gonzalo Escarra, a Sr. Technical Support Analyst for Aqueity, and he writes:

“As I'm studying for my CCNP now, I found this new Cisco emulator based on Dynamips and PEMU called GNS3 (http://www.gns3.net/). It's a GUI for building a lab using Routers and PIX's, and it works flawlessly on Windows. The only thing you'll need are the IOS images to run, as the software uses original Cisco images to emulate (meaning you get the exact same functionality in a lab environment).
Figured you might be interested to pass this along to your students in case they need some extra practice outside of lab time. It is VERY useful at least for me.”


Maybe we should form a Dynamips workgroup and figure this out together. Let me know via email if you would be interested. Gonzalo has volunteered to give us some support just in case we run into problems.

Thank you Gonzalo!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Joanne. If I can be of help, contact me at gescarra@aqueity.com. -Gonzalo

    ReplyDelete