Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On August 25th, I blogged on COD's Alpha Beta Gamma. As a result, a former student sent me an email with the following question on ABG:

"Was looking at your blog and saw the posting on ABG. I'm interested in learning more about it since I meet the requirements.
What advantages does it bring to a resume? What does it involve? I work full time now and have classes Tues and Thur night, so if I had to attend meetings or something
I might be hard pressed to find the time. Any other info you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan"


I turned Dan's question over to Kathy Horton, ABG advisor, for an answer. Here is what she told us:

"Hi Joanne and Dan. Thank you both for your interest in ABG. It is an international honor society for business and technology majors in two-year institutions. To qualify, a student must have a 3.0 GPA, 12 hours of semester credit at COD completed, and be a business or technology major.

Dan, if you meet those qualifications, please return the attached completed form to me, per the instructions. We will let you know what to do next when we receive your application.

And why would you want to do this? First of all, it recognizes your exceptional academic achievement. You can participate in an induction ceremony in the spring, attended by faculty and administrators. This recognition should be a part of your resume and included on academic and job applications. Other advantages include:

· Leadership opportunities

· Special scholarships to transfer schools

· Recognition at COD graduation

· Participation in ABG essay competitions for scholarship monies

· Networking opportunities"


Please let Kathy or me know if you have any other questions about ABG. Hope this helps - Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment